A World Without Soldiers

I dream of a world,
Where soldiers didn’t exist.
I really do admire them,
All that they do, to keep us safe,
But imagine a world,
Where they weren’t needed.

Imagine a world,
Where every person would return,
Safe and sound to their families.
No lingering danger,
No gun shots, no wars,
No attacks, no defense.

Imagine a world,
Where there was nothing but love,
Every human eager to share,
Nobody dying of hunger.
All striving for better,
Loving every other creature.

Imagine a world,
Where there was no selfishness,
Nor any form of hatred.
A world run by love,
No discrimination at all,
Just pure platonic love.

The world I imagine,
Is so much more beautiful,
Maybe that’s reason why,
I’m lost in my day dreams.
Into this vile reality,
I don’t seek an entry.

Featured Image by: Sasin Tipchai from Pixabay

100 thoughts on “A World Without Soldiers

1. The Bold Girl says:

You spoke my heart out as always!❤️❤️❤️

I always wonder how wonderful it would have been to live a life with no hatred and the borders. And probably we all would have been able to meet each other too. But, maybe then the significance of this virtual world would’ve been lost. We’re connected since we’re far off.

Sometimes distances are better. The closer, the bitter – Harsh reality of this world.😔💔

Wow!! I definitely agree with the closer, the bitter… Would we be enemies??? 😂😂😂 I’m glad we’re not. Much love to you. 🤗🤗😘😘😘♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️❤️❤️💕💕💕

1. The Bold Girl says:

Hahaha…. Not sure about enemies but probably I wouldn’t have even interacted with you. I usually don’t talk to people around especially girls. Most of them are way too sugar coated with their Gucci n Gabana talks.🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m the weird one who steals her brother’s and mother’s clothes… Cause I’m too lazy to shop… And my spectacles are usually too lose and twisted cause I sleep on them 😂… Also my hair would be all over the place cause I’m too lazy to put it up properly… 😂😂😂😂😂

3. The Bold Girl says:

This is in what context?🤔 Gucci Gabana? Hehe that was just used to describe their fake talks and friendship.

Btw I’m the weirdo too though I don’t steal clothes.😜 I too, don’t remember when was the last time I made my hair. My straight hair has turned curly!🤣🤣🤣🤣

You see the connection between two weirdos?😅😂

1. Gersom Clark says:

Hahaha. 😄 Well, not these decades as we still want to read your poems and someday your follow your dishes.👍 But eventually though at 100 plus years, that is a good place to be based on your poem. 😉

2. Teacher Camille says:

Very relevant 👏 Right, that would be a wonderful world. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and kuddos on beautifully knitting your words to create this wonderful poem. 💛

3. Anushk@ says:

Shreyaaaaaaa..!!!!!!
    This is heart wrenching. So.. simply you have made us imagine the world …which is safe from everything.. everybody is free to roam…can go home. I really didn’t understand how these soldiers live away from their family..for so many months and years..with a fear that whether they will ever return or not.
    This is an amazing peice..!!💙💙💙💙

4. poeticallyyours360 says:

Well articulated and masterful. Love the thought and imagination. It is the peace inside that erupts to the outside. Too much trauma on this side of the universe. But the place you wrote about at least allows me to smile with such a thought!

The place I wrote about is most probably never possible, but we can keep that place alive in our minds. I really wish world was not filled with so much hatred. Sending you loads and loads of love. 🤗🤗🤗♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

1. poeticallyyours360 says:

Absolutely and I return those loads of love with a bright smile. I am really appreciative to meet you! I share the same sentiment, I once said it is better to write where you want to be and who you want to be and maybe if only in mind shall be!