The Mirror of my Memories

Her eyes, wide and gleaming,
Filled with love, hope, and curiosity,
Such a sharp awakening,
From a deary loop of mundanity.

Such high expectations from life,
So many dreams to be fulfilled,
In such a hurry to grow up,
To be independent, move out.

Little does she know,
What’s yet to come,
Life kills hopes and dreams,
And sucks one into a routine.

In her eyes, I saw myself,
She’s the mirror of my memories,
And forgotten dreams.
Of what I thought, life would be.

Featured image by:  @thiszun (follow me on IG, FB) from Pexels

44 thoughts on “The Mirror of my Memories

1. Shreya Joshi says:

πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯° Thank you so much!!! πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’– You’ve made my day. β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

1. Untold Stories says:

Shreya this is again something so refreshing and out of regular topic.
    Little do we know as kids what life has to offer when we grow up.

And I loved how you said in her you saw a reflection of your own self. You truly justified the prompt.

P.S- Shreya you look cute in your insta profile. I peeked it through this image that you shared.πŸ€—
    You cute little Nepali Blogger. You’re our favorite πŸ€—
    Sending loads of love to youπŸ€—πŸ€—

1. Shreya Joshi says:

Rashmiiiii…. The comments you leave makes me wanna not replying, but book a flight to India and give you a super duper warm hug. Literally!! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
      You make me feel so so so adored. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Also, Bruno is cute too! πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Love you to the moon and back. β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

1. Untold Stories says:

You are adorable I always say this!

Remember Shreya, when I actually started being regular on the blog, and few days after I found your blog, I made a blog saying I adore Shreya’s work.
        And till date I do that.
        I am always amazed by your content.
        I really really love reading your work.

How nice of you to say that you wanna come over and hug me, come over jaldi. I wanna meet you too.πŸ€—πŸ€—

He is cute for sureπŸ™‚

2. Shreya Joshi says:

I usually have words. Lots and lots of words. But you make me speechless. I really adore your works and love you sooooo much. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜ β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️
        I don’t know what more to say. You make me tongue-tied. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

2. thehonestviewsofanhonestindian says:

Hi Shreya! With the usage of the words depicting melancholy in your poem, I feel that you depict the melancholy that surrounds you right now. You can’t but look at the memories your past self left behind. It is now just a mirror through which you can see yourself in a good place, but is never the reality. I was able to grasp this from your poem. Very well written. Kudos! πŸ‘πŸ»

1. Shreya Joshi says:

Thank you so much!! Truly means a lot to me. So glad you could relate to it. Thank you so so so very much! β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž