I’m Happy

Fake it until you make it,
Does it work with happiness too?
Cause I put on a smile all day long,
As my heart bleeds the saddest songs.
I’m happier than I’ve ever been;
This is the most beautiful day I’ve seen.
I keep telling these lies to myself,
In hope that they come true someday.
I cry myself to sleep at night,
I dread the glimmering morning light.
Some days I just want to slit my wrist,
Give this life a bloody twist.
Oh, I wish to be buried deep,
Six feet under, I want to sleep.
But I wake up every single day,
And plaster a smile on my face.
“I’m happy,” I say.
“I’m okay,” I lie.

Featured image by:Β Dalila DalpratΒ fromΒ Pexels

102 thoughts on “I’m Happy

1. Navin says:

Good to see you back, Shreya. I hope you’re doing well & it’s a fantasy poem.

FYI: a lot has happened with my site. I’ve shutdown navinspoems.com (due to several issues) & have created a brand new site navinspoetry.com.

Take care dear ✨❀️

Thank you so much, Navin. I’m doing well. How have you been?
      I’ll definitely go through your site. I’m sure I’ve missed out on lots of amazing poetry.
      Loads of love. β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

1. Navin says:

I’m glad to know you’re doing sell. I’m fine, thanks. I haven’t been writing a lot due to issues with my old site. I spent over 2 months in resolving the issue, which no one could help with. So I lost a lots of time. But I think I’m back now 😊❀️❀️

Thank you so much, David. It really helped, especially your bio. I’m a copywriter hoping to write her own book someday. Seems like, your life is my dream life.
      You stumbling upon my poem is the best thing that happened to me today. 😍😍

2. Untold Stories says:

Shreyyyyyaaaaa hiiiiiiiiii!
    How have you been? It’s been so long. I hope you are good.

This poem is so beautiful.
    I hope it’s just a poem and you don’t plaster your smile.

We love our Shreya and we want her to smile always!
    And also to tell her we really missed her here. Hope she stays now. And not leave us.

I really missed you girlπŸ€—

1. Harsh says:

Don’t be sad. I live with it so, doesn’t matter.
        Glad to know you are good. I am fine. Things are okay-ish. Thank you for asking. πŸ˜ƒ

Heyyyy… Don’t miss me. I’m always just a call away! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
      I’ll try not to go. But for now I’m back with all my hugs and love. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’—πŸ’—β£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
      Love you loads and loads!! πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

3. Shweta Suresh says:

Wow, Shreya. This is true for many.. well written! Sometimes plastering a smile is much better than trying to explain. Because most people won’t listen anyway. If they do listen, what they have to say probably won’t make things any better πŸ™†πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Thank you so much, Shweta!! So glad you liked it. Sending you loads and loads of love. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️
      How have you been?

I’m glad to be back! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈ
      I’m sure I’ve missed so many awesome posts on your blog. I’ll read it all soon. 😍😍😍

I’ve been good, Era. How have you been? How’s everything?

I’m glad to be back. And thank you so much for all the love and support you keep showing me. Sending you loads and loads of love. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Glaring and unforgiving, the oppression of life falls heavy with your words. Your unblinking view on sadness speaks to places most do not want to think about. You create a lovely tension between life and the desire for more than life. Well written, Shreya! Good to read your work again!

1. Gentleman Dave says:

Trying to stay positive here. I’ve been riddled with health issues recently. Keeping faith and staying strong. I hope to see more of you around here soon, dear Shreya! β€πŸ€—πŸ€—β€

5. Ps.ItsE says:

We have that saying in nursing school- fake it till you make it. I like it because it give u a β€œsense” of assurance and confidence – however In real life – blah- I can’t do it. But I tell myself that tomorrow will be a better day:)
    Xo