Lost Veracity

How does it feel to live in a country,
That proclaims itself to be a democracy,
But is lined with a series of laws,
That prevent you from putting forth your words?

There’s article something for sedation,
Secularism is removed from education,
Then, there’s contempt of court.
Journey to the truth? Mission abort.

I’m not talking about just one nation,
This issue is international.
Don’t blame the journalists for not trying,
To bring out the truth, they are dying.

There’s one beautiful girl I know,
Seeds of unbiased news, she tried to sow.
But what can one struggling girl do,
When her editor says no?

And the same goes for a million others,
But their voices are smothered.
Do you think the court will help?
They are sleeping on politicians’ lap.

How many journalists have died?
How many are declared suicide?
How rare is justice?
Truth shall stay a mystery.

So do we raise our voice,
And invite our own demise?
Or should we turn a blind eye,
And unhear the honest cries?

Inspiration: Amu

PS. I started blogging ’cause she started to. Also, I got my first internship because she wanted to. One of the most ambitious women I know, and obviously my dearest friend.

Featured image by: 愚木混株 Cdd20 from Pixabay

75 thoughts on “Lost Veracity

1. Ashee Asiwal says:

I think nowadays there is no space for true news in the media…. India has 142 rank in world according to world press index!! Close to China who openly restricts the media… It’s harsh but true

And smartly presented the topic! 👍🏻👍🏻🤩

2. komal Ater says:

Harsh reality, saddening truth😢…. All the news channels and journalists are bribed by so called country runners(politicians) /parties…..and those who chose to oppose are cruely killed by them…. And their deaths are converted into a mystery…..
    Thank you🌹 for writing about such a major topic
    Loved the way 😘 you presented it
    Keep writing✏
    Keep sharing🤗
    BTW how are you?… Where were you?

Thank you so much, Komal for acknowledging this. It truly means a lot to me. You’ve been such a big support on my blogging journey. Thank you so so so so much.
      I’m fine. I’m just here, I’ll be posting just once a week for sometime now.
      How have you been?

Haha… Thank you so much! Once a week cause, I gotta focus on other stuff too. 🙈🙈🙈🙈 So glad that you’re doing good. Loads of love. ♥️♥️♥️♥️

3. Madhuri Sakhamuri says:

Can’t agree more…Literally everywhere…And also sometimes media knows the truth,people of the country know the truth but none could do anything…It’s really really sad🙁🙁🙁
    Lovely Shreya!!!😍😍😍

Thank you so much, Ishita! So glad you agree. The comments you leave really means a lot to me. It keeps pushing me to keep writing. Idk, what I’d do if I stop writing, it’s the only thing keeping me sane. Hehe. Loads of love. ♥️♥️♥️♥️

4. Chetna says:

Shreya! You are an empathetic person certainly. I am also. There is a hell lot of thoughts running here and there. But I just can’t put them into words and that too so beautifully.
    And reading you makes me feel as if I am reading the words to my thoughts!!🤐💜
    This issue is grave! Freedom is just for the sake of it. Dunno how many journalist die just because they open the eyes of people. The people is power just want the fame. They kill anyone who acts as a block in their way! And guess what! We don’t even realize that many a times.
    I just love to read you, Shreya. Hope you are doing fine now.😊

1. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑵 🌋 says:

A big reason to protect privacy :). I’ve lately started using a VPN when using the internet because it’s made me uncomfortable enough, knowing how much is being tracked all the time. We should be cautious about how much access we give to our lives. The home automation systems concern me along with smartphones.

Chetna, I don’t know how do I ever thank you. Your sweet words just lift my spirit. I’m glad you could relate, I’m sad that world is not a safe place. Thank you so much, dear. This meant a lot to me.
      Have a beautiful day!