Push-ups with bro

As he dusts his hands.
“Your turn,” he says,
As his eyes gleam.
I take one deep breath,
Myself, I motivate.
My lazy brain, I ignore,
As I kneel on the floor.
My palms meet the cold,
Plank position, I hold.
“Go,” he says, full of encouragement,
His eyes sparkling with excitement
I lower my chest to meet the floor,
And my hands are already sore,
Oh, damn floor!
Why are you so far?
I don’t have much power,
I really can’t go lower.
“One,” he says as I finally make it.
Another one, I can’t take it.
“Just one more,” he encourages.
My face scrunches,
As I try to muster the power,
And push my chest lower.
But then I hit the floor,
That’s how it goes, push-ups with bro.

Find me on Insta: Wild Scared Crazy

Featured image by: Ivan SamkovΒ fromΒ Pexels

85 thoughts on “Push-ups with bro

1. Ishita Gupta says:

This gave me a good laughπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I can motivate myself and actually do numerous stretching exercises but push ups….no!πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ˜
    You can really can write on absolutely anything! Any topicπŸ’–πŸŒΉβ€You and your poems are amazingβ™₯️β™₯️❣️❣️
    Sending lots of love and hugsπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒΉπŸŒΉ

Thank you so much, Ishita. So glad it made you laugh. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜
      I did 12 pushups today though. Yeah, I’m boasting cause well I have been trying so hard for days. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ Give it a try, first five are the toughest, then it gets easier.
      Sending loads and loads of love and hugs back to you. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β™₯️😘β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

1. Ishita Gupta says:

My pleasure Shreya🌹😘β™₯️β™₯οΈβ£πŸ’–
        Yayay!! That’s great️🀩 I’ll try next time for sureπŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸŒΉπŸ˜β€β€πŸ’•
        xoxoxoxo….β€πŸ’–πŸŒΉπŸŒΉπŸ˜˜πŸ˜Šβ™₯️❣️

Thank you so much, Dakshali. It truly means a lot to me. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜
      Take care, stay safe!
      Sending you loads and loads of love! β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

I would rather you save your strength for writing! Another exceptional poem. I believe, in my many years, this is the first one I have read about push-ups. You are a true creative writer! Well done, little one!

Haha, Brad. Thank you so much! I’ll definitely save my strength for writing. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ Your encouraging words truly means a lot to me. πŸ€—πŸ€—β™₯️β™₯️

I’ll definitely do Chetna… I used to read all your posts.
        But these days, I’ve been taking things light. I don’t read as much, I don’t even talk as much. I’m still slowly coming back from the break. Got too much on my mind.
        But now that you mentioned, I’ll definitely check it out right away.
        Loads of love. β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

2. Chetna says:

Thanks Shreya!
        I totally understand what you want to say. There are times with me too when I don’t feel like doing anything . Just give yourself some freedom from the thoughts, if you are feeling disturbed of them…and for once just let it be!!
        Ofc, it’s easier said than done but then the thing which you are going thru is also not easy, haina. So why not try for a better option. I just want to help you in whichever way I can. So this is the one I have found.πŸ˜ƒ
        Thanks for visiting. I hope you liked it.πŸ˜‚πŸ’œπŸ˜

3. komal Ater says:

Omg… This is so hilariousπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚….. And that’s true…. U can write on any damn topic….. Someone should just name it…. And u have a poem on it….. You r really very talented…. I hope, I too get so soon…. Keep writing…. Looking forward πŸ₯°πŸ˜

Thank you so much, Komal! Really means a lot to me. Thank you so much! You’re awesome too! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•β™₯️β™₯️β™₯️

4. danigirl71 says:

Thanks for the poem! I needed the laugh, and to know I’m not alone. XD I go through the same thing when the fiance and I workout together. The only difference is that you’re clocking more push-ups than me. I’m just happy if I get one in. πŸ˜›

5. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑡 πŸŒ‹ says:

LOL. Is this a thing that happens? Bros get their sisters to do pressups with them so they can show off how many they can do?

I’ve been getting back into doing these lately at long last. And let me tell you, I used to do ridiculous amounts of pressups and be super strong, but getting back into it after a long break really is a struggle! You can build up strength surprisingly quick though :). Just got to stick with it and they become more enjoyable! πŸ˜€

And I’m really confused by the picβ€” she has such masculine arms! Very impressive!

Oh yeah! It happens. But don’t worry, I’ll beat him soon! 😬😬😬
      Haha… I hope you build your strength back soon. πŸ€—πŸ€—
      That’s a man’s picture. Finding free images of women doing push-ups is such a task. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑡 πŸŒ‹ says:

Hahaha! No way 🀣. The brother-sister dynamic is something I missed out on, so it fascinates me haha.

Seriously, how is that a man’s hair? Well they are doing a fine job! I thought it was the hair which was the giveaway showing it must be a woman πŸ˜†.

2. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑡 πŸŒ‹ says:

I have three of them! 😬😬😬. Lol.

Haha! Ok I wasn’t the only one! Perhaps they are transgender, who knows.