The Star Kids

Born with a silver spoon in their mouth,
Doesn’t life seem amazing?
Everything comes to them easy,
But do you know their side of the story?

Even before they take their first breath,
There’s a benchmark to be met.
Even before they learn to wave,
By paparazzi, they are chased.

Constantly living in the scrutiny of trolls,
All their mistakes in camera rolls.
But aren’t they people just like us?
Can’t we cut them some slack?

Ananya Panday wasn’t lying,
The struggle is fucking real.
Even after all the efforts, they put in,
We dare say, they didn’t deserve it.

How many times have you condemned Abhishek,
For not being a perfect Big B replica?
Does it even matter that he’s a good person?
You still think he doesn’t deserve Aishwarya.

Oh yes, Raj Kummar Rao , Taapsee
They fought their way into the industry.
But just because star kids struggle differently,
Doesn’t mean everything is easy.

Sushant Singh Rajput died,
And buckets of tears I cried.
But if all your allegations were true,
Shahrukh Khan wouldn’t have his rule.

So take a moment and introspect,
Is it a sin to be born rich?
What are we punishing them for?
Why do we treat them differently?

Would you welcome Aryan ,
Into this buzzing industry,
Without comparing him,
To the king of chivalry?

Find me on Insta: Wild Scared Crazy

Featured image by: Ruslan Gilmanshin from Pixabay

156 thoughts on “The Star Kids

Thank you for reminding me almost every day to be back, for sending me awesome stuff to read, even when I’m not on WP. Thank you so much for always being there. 🤗🤗🤗♥️♥️♥️♥️

1. Nabeela says:

You are right friend…. I don’t even know why people are giving too much attention to the actors…. It is also a job like others…. Why there is too much limelight…. Treating them as god or something….

2. Navin says:

Beautiful lines Shreya…I’m happy to see you back….you’re right the rich kids also struggle coz they’re humans as well…what’s bugging people then?…..well, it’s coz of their well established dads n moms, they get the chance in film industry (that’s what we’re talking about your poem)….some of those rich kids don’t even deserve that chance coz they aren’t good….on top, they take the chance of another struggling artist….not all the struggling artist reach the door of Bollywood coz they have zero contacts….but perhaps much better skills….the film industry has been ruled by the known family names….that’s where the issue lies….not everyone gets the chance….however I do understand what you’re saying….most importantly, I’m glad to see you back, Shreya 😘😘❤️❤️🤗🤗✨✨💖😘

Thank you so much, Navin! I’m happy to be back… I really think people without talent getting the roles shouldn’t be bugging people as much as it is. Every profession is the same. Huge companies has been led to bankruptcy by irresponsible heirs… Plus star kids have a lot more followers than normal people which could lead to more people watching the movie… Afterall it’s all about money. It’s a business.
      In addition, bollywood isn’t the only place to showcase their skills… I’m a huge fan of Sumit Vyas… He hasn’t got any awesome roles in Bollywood but that doesn’t stop him from doing what he loves. 😬😬😬

1. Navin says:

I get you but I don’t know if I agree with you fully about the star kids. It’s not their birth right to be stars because their parents were/are. If they’re talented it’s fine…but if they aren’t, they’re simply occupying a place of an unknown & talented future star. I hope you’re getting me….Most importantly, I’m happy to see you back. Hoping you’re doing fine, Shreya!

I totally get you, Navin. But everyone wants people they know and adore to succeed. It’s unfair, but well, we are all unfair people living in this unfair world.

Also, I’m super happy to be back. I have to read all the poems you posted. 😍😍😍😍

3. Navin says:

True words of yours….
        Btw, I haven’t posted a lot as I’ve been away myself for almost a month. I did post a poem today though but I’m not sure you’ve received the notification. A few issues with my site at present…

4. Navin says:

Would you do me a favour by checking your notification when you’ve time? I’ve just posted a “test post” with an image. Have you received a notification from me?? Thanks in advance 🙏😘

1. Offshorewriter says:

Doing great so far dear! Have been missing your poems for so long. 😯 Hope all is well with you. 😍 And even today before you post this I was thinking about your “like scam” poem. And here you are back with a bang. ❤❤ Do not disappear again…. 😀😀

Thank you so much dear. I’ll try not to disappear. But I can’t promise, cause, well, life happens. 😬😬🤗🤗😘😘♥️♥️♥️

3. copypowerblog says:

Hey Shreya, good to have you back on board. And yes, people are right here, you can write on anything. Lovely poetry this one is. Thank you so so much for sharing such wonderful work of yours, it’s truly creative. Happy blogging. K.

1. copypowerblog says:

Hey! I am sorry I couldn’t reply you for so many days, got busy with things. I am good and keeping myself busy with household chores and my new kitchen garden in the making. Thanks for asking. Stay safe and keep in touch. Happy blogging. K.

4. Ishita Gupta says:

Beautifully written Shreya❤
    I would just like to say that yes, the star kids do have to struggle, but their struggle is vastly different from the outsiders. No one is asking them not to promote the star kids, and such stuff….but when they humiliate outsiders, don’t let them get to the place they actually deserve, that is just very cold hearted. And anyways, any entertainment industry is corrupt. These days “art” has unfortunately turned into a money making business.
    You have a gorgeous heart Shreya💖

Thank you so much, Ishita. I totally agree with you… Humiliating an outsider is cheap and mean. But that’s how it is every industry, we fight against it all. Being an outsider isn’t easy. It’s rough. But that’s life. It’s unfair. 😦
      Thank you so much, dear. Your comments really means a lot to me. 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘♥️♥️♥️

5. Pritish Dixit says:

“It isn’t a sin to be born rich.” That is true; how that person grows up to be is not related to their socioeconomic status. However, there is a widespread resentment against them in society. The stereotype of the “spoiled rich brat” drowning in opportunity and above the law is very much believed. You really do have an inclination to take a contrarian view. Well written.

6. Dr Namrata, Ph.D. says:

I totally agree with what you said. There is always two sides of a coin. So, definitely it’s not easy to be a star kid. Similarly it’s not easy to be an outsider in Bollywood and to make a reputed position. There is and there always be nepotism in every field. Nobody can deny that. And it’s ok sometimes. But at the same time any hard working person if tries to make it’s possible he/ she shouldn’t be humiliated and boycotted for any reason.
    As far as SSR’s demise is concerned, we know little about it. He isn’t a person who can suicide. Story is something else.
    So it’s ok promote your children, relatives, no problem but let others work too… Respect and appreciate hard work.
    Lastly I would like to say, very well written poem.

Thank you so much, Namrata. So glad you liked it.
      I share your viewpoint. Nepotism can’t be controlled in any field, and trying to control it would be wrong. Cause afterall, anyone would like to work with their friends and family.
      And while it’s difficult to accept an outsider in a close-knit circle, humiliating them is a big no no.
      Thanks for dropping by! ♥️

7. Era says:

2 sides of the coin, I will say
    Everybody has a different kind of struggle and we should be kind and respect everybody
    There is a loop hole everywhere, in every place I guess, not everybody is bad, not everybody is good
    Amazing poem, Shreya
    Missed reading your poems, happy to see you back 💙

You’re such a sweetheart, Rishika. You made me wanna jump right back to blogging. Thank you so much for that amazing mail. 🤗🤗😘😘♥️💕💕💕💕💕
      And I’m so glad you liked this. ♥️♥️♥️

1. Rishika Jain says:

Oh I did? I thought that mail was kinda…annoying? Because, one usually likes to be left alone at such times…
        Anyway, I am sooooooooooo glad I did…you are meant to write! 💜💜💜

I wanted to be left alone. I truly hated the fact that someone sent me a mail and then also told me in the comments, which means I can’t just ignore.
        Then I read it, and I was like, ‘Stop drowning in self pity, people like you’…
        You mail helped me get back to happy track. You are truly amazing. 🤗🤗🤗😘😘♥️♥️♥️

8. Chetna says:

Aren’t they people just like us??
    Cant we cut them some slack?
    Star kids struggle differently
    Doesn’t mean everything is easy!
    Nicely penned!✨
    Ykw, i feel that giving opportunities to the star kids is not an issue as long as the outsiders are not deprived of the chances to showcase their talent!
    And Hii Shreya! Welcome back.😆😆Its so nice to see you here again!💜💫

Thank you so much, Chetna. So glad you like it. And so sorry that I missed it. And I’m even happier that you agree with me.
      And I’m glad to be back. 🤗🤗🤗😘♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

I was just taking a tiny break. But I’m back.
        Don’t worry, you can always reach out to me via mail or insta. 🤗🤗😘😘♥️♥️
        Sending you loads and loads of love! 💕💕💕💕😘😘😘

9. Praveen Sharma says:

low level of creativity and lacking good content to work on, Makes Bollywood stars unsure and unprofessional.
    It sad to see even every Good work appreciate by people but they think his stardom paying for him. such a unsure people afraid of every New talant.

10. Madhuri Sakhamuri says:

Shreya! Can’t agree more…Someone questioning us and constantly nagging if we deserve or not, just because we are born to our parents is just so disgusting and mean. Nepotism exists every where in the world. No one can deny the fact that there is bias but it is what it is…Times are changing and it will only be better with OTT platforms making such great content and also such prolific actors whom we don’t see otherwise on silver screen.

1. Madhuri Sakhamuri says:

U use way too many emojis like me…My friends ask me who uses those many emojis…Shuld mention u to them LOL…Here on wp I don’t use coz I open it only on my lappy hehee

2. Madhuri Sakhamuri says:

Checked your gram too…I’ll promote it on my whatsapp status since I’m not on instagram…Much love Shreya:)

11. Untold Stories says:

Back with a bang Shreya.
    Welcome to your own world,we missed you a lot.

Coming to your poem it is actually a question in our head that is it crime to be born rich and you truly justified it with this piece. Wonderful.

I hope to see you here quite often.
    Take care!

12. Shanyu says:

Back with the force, and you’ve gotten even better if I may. Relatable. True. Honest. Heartfelt. And yeah, wonderful rhyme. Now you’re back. Peace and greetings from Sui generis 💛💛

Haha, Anushka… You always make me smile.
      I’ll skip the bla bla talk about how much I love you and other bla bla stuff … Talk to you on whatsapp… 😬😬🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘