Almost Twins

You cried your first cry,
Two months later I followed.
You started crawling,
Seeing you, I started trying.

You started walking,
Slowly, I followed you.
I was always better at talking,
I totally overtook you.

You were a friend I was stuck with,
Even when you stole my toys.
And your stupid biting habit,
I just had to deal with it.

All your dresses were mine,
Mine hardly ever fit you.
We were the mischievous two,
Eager to be grown-ups too.

All the freedom we’d have,
Oh, how we craved that!
Little did we know,
Growing up also meant…

Bhai tikas without you,
Birthdays without you,
Weekends without you,
Priorities screwing us two.

Can we please be kids again?
Screw all this stupid freedom,
And all the crazy responsibilities.
I’d choose you any day!

Let’s build pillow forts once again,
Throw food on people’s head,
Lock a man outside the window,
And beat the crap out of other cousins.

Featured image by: Quincy Anderson from Pexels

92 thoughts on “Almost Twins

1. yash says:

Arrey any kind of sibling love😂😂. Be it real or cousin.
        Ask me! I am a single child. I dunno any of these emotions which is so beautifully expressed in your poem😢

This is beautiful! Heartfelt and emotional. Friends, like many things in life, come and go, but family is forever. Thank you for sharing such wonderful feelings and sentiments. It is a reminder to us all. Well written, little one! ❤❤❤

Thank you so much, Brad!! Family is something you can’t escape, it’s kinda sweet. As we grow, we don’t get to spend as much time together due to responsibilities … but the bond remains… ❤️❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘 Thank you so much, for always encouraging me! 💕💕💕

2. Anushk@ says:

Shreya 😍😍
    This is super amazing.
    Having siblings.. cousins is a bliss. Sometimes I too miss those childhood days…those summer vacations..when they use to come to my place….we use to play all day..!!
    You are making me nostalgic now❤️

3. Hannah's Life says:

Ellie and I are real twins. I know what this post really means. This was such a good post. I really want to become so popular like you! You have 1,606 followers! I only have 2. Ellie, ( my twin ) and a stranger. I would love if you followed me! You totally amaze me with your writing. Any tips for me to? i really want more followers like you. That would be AMAZING! Well, God bless you! 😀 – Hannah ❤️

Thank you so much, dear. What I did was posted regularly… Although, I haven’t been regular these days.

I had quit my job and had a lot of time, so I posted daily. However, now I’m quiet busy with freelance projects and I’ve not been posting. So, as you can see, my followers are almost stagnant.

But what’s more important is that you do it cause you love it, not for the followers.

Have a beautiful day, Hannah! Wish you all the very best.

🤗🤗😘😘♥️♥️♥️
      Loads of love. Thank you for reaching out.