The Time Has Come

Eyes flutter to the morning rays,
And you realize today’s the day.
The unexpected vacay is now over,
And it’s time to slog again.

The same old boring nine to five,
Small chats and faking smiles.
The situation isn’t even under control,
And you don’t feel safe at all.

Those judging eyes, the targets to meet,
The virus lingering, un-sanitized,
Nothing about today is good,
Damn! The fucking good mornings.

The day hasn’t even started,
And you already dread it.
Oh God! Can you just end this?
Skip to Friday already!!

And there’s nothing I can say,
To make your day better.
But I truly hope,
You have a good one.

Dedicated to every single one of you going back to work today.

Featured image by:  Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels

87 thoughts on “The Time Has Come

I’m an advertising copywriter by profession. And while SEO is important and bla bla … I seriously hate writing SEO articles. 😂😂😂 But I do it. I really gotta sit and read your blog properly… 😬😬😬 That’s why, I followed you. But I hardly read it properly. Really really need to get a grip on my concentration span, cause you really have some awesome stuff. The title itself says that has got so much information I need. But I’m plain lazy. 😂😂😂 I prefer writing jingles and billboard stuff… 😜

2. Debby Winter says:

Jingles and billboard stuff is a lot of fun to work on especially since you have to be original and different per definition. I appreciate you following me and having the opportunity to get to know you a little better. Thanks for taking the time to respond to all of my questions, if there is ever anything I can do for me you don’t be shy you know where to find me 😉

True… TV commercials are even better 😍😍😍 Especially the shoot days! 😍😍 Don’t thank me for responding, you’re fun to talk to. Also, I’m here too if you ever need anything. If you’re looking for freelance copywriter or content writer, I’m here. 😬🙈

4. Debby Winter says:

Wow TV commercials.. that sounds like an awful lot of fun!! Do you have any videos on youtube in which you appear or to which you have contributed? And you are a freelance copy- and content writer too!! We might be able to rub each others back one day 😉

1. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑵 🌋 says:

May all the people in that situation find a way out of it! :).

It comes from our lives being divorced from our true human values. Finding a way back to those is the answer. 💙

Truee… Your comments make me wonder, why don’t I ever know how to comment. Like even when I really really really love a post, I rarely find something meaningful to say. 😂😂😂

I am well, thank you! Things are turbulent here with the protests and the continuing pandemic, but I am as safe and healthy as anyone can be. I just hope we learn from these events and grow as an accepting and caring society!

I was cribbing about being jobless… Now I scored some freelance projects… And now I’m cribbing about work 😂😂😂 lack of sleep has made me look like a zombie… 😂😂

Nahh… Full time is better… There’s schedule, and team and steady income… But as I’m planning to do my masters, I quit my job to ease into the habit of studying… 😂😂😂 Although, I’m hardly studying… 😬😬😬 I miss my job 😝