The New Confidant

You know how fragile bonds are these days,
I get a new confidant every few days.
It’s gut-wrenching and heart-breaking,
In blink of an eye, people are changing.

But will you please stay,
And promise to not go away?
But do words even matter,
You’ll be gone few days later.

I’ll be spilling my secrets all over again,
Talking about joys and all my pain,
And I’ll be making the same wish again,
To have one true friend, that stays.

Few less texts with every passing day,
And our talks are just getting mundane;
I can almost see two different routes,
And the junction where we say adieu.

But hey, my almost old confidant,
Can we make this aberrant?
Let’s break this vicious cycle,
Please don’t go, just stay.

Featured image by: Anna Shvets from Pexels

110 thoughts on “The New Confidant

1. cyncoed says:

This is really lovely, gorgeous feel to it; only one quick question, is that a typo on line 7, “But does words even matter,” I’m only saying because I would want to know if it was one of mine !

Thank you so much, Paul. I made the correction. More than a typo, it was my carelessness… 🙈🙈🙈 I really should be more thorough with my proofreading. 🙈🙈 Thank you so so so much!🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘😘😘♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

2. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑵 🌋 says:

I know what you mean, I feel this way about connections in general, such as friends, even very long-time friends. Communication just decreases over time, and if I stop checking in on people I simply don’t hear from them for months and months 😨. And it becomes harder and harder to get people to meet you in person.

It’s become too tiring and I’m making new friends through wordpress now…🙄. I’ve made some very good friends already! It’s amazing :D.

3. Era says:

Loved it, Shreya 💕💕, I can really connect with it, you simply say many things, through your poems
    And, also ,you will always find me, by your side, if I can help, I will definitely 💙🤗💙

Thank you so so so much, Era! So glad you could relate with this. I’m elated to have you here with me. You’re such an amazing person! 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️♥️♥️💓💓💓💓😍

1. Era says:

I am too also glad to find you around, such a wonderful human being you are, and Thank you for all the support and love 💕💕💞💞💞💞🤗🤗 take care, keep smiling!!!!!!

🙈🙈🙈🙈🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘 You too take care and keep smiling. Sending you loads and loads of love! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

4. Anushk@ says:

Shreyaaaaaaa…!!!!!!!!🤩🤩
    This is a best friendship poem …I have read till date.

I hope our friendship keeps growing by each passing day❤️❤️❤️✨✨❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much, Anushka!!! 🙈🙈🙈🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘😘♥️♥️♥️♥️💕💕💕💕💕💕 I hope the same, too! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

1. Simon says:

Oh that’s great, I’m pretty old blogger comparing you☺️ wait is that white hair? Let me dye my hair first 😜😂 Thank you!! Wish you the same ✨