Legalize Female Feticide

Female feticide,
Is indeed a heinous crime.

But I say, it should be legalized,
To prevent even greater crimes

Cause no parent deserve a daughter,
If they are willing to slaughter her,
And only this stopping them,
Is the country’s law.

It violates the woman’s right,
The control over her own body.
Fuck that discriminatory person’s right!
But what about the unwanted baby?

She could be given up for adoption,
And that would be humane.
Or she could be smothered to death,
By her own mother’s breast

She could be abused by her own father,
The one who’s supposed to protect her,
Or given up to a brothel,
In hope of earning a few morsel.

So, dear judges and whoever responsible,
You are not doing justice here.
Sentencing her to a life of misery,
Where she dies a million death, every single day!!Β

Featured image by: S. Hermann & F. Richter from Pixabay

75 thoughts on “Legalize Female Feticide

1. Ishita Gupta says:

Yes Shreya, it is absolutely true. Those unwanted girls suffer so much more. I can’t even imagine how their own fathers abuse them, rape them……. it sets my blood curdling. Sadly, it is better if they are just killed, so that they dong suffer a life of miseries…..

1. Harsh says:

I think we have changed lot from the past in this case. People are now more accepting. There are still a few years to go before everyone’s’s mind are changed for good. But we can wait for sometime.

2. Silver Stone says:

This one hits home real hard, because it’s quite heartbreaking. πŸ₯ΊπŸ’” I could just hear how angry and sad you are in this poem.

Honestly, we are not doing justice to these poor daughters, and this makes me wonder: will our society ever learn the concept of being “humane”? Well, it turns out we’re worse than animalsπŸ€¦πŸ½β€β™€οΈ

3. uzzawal1911 says:

The poem is very emotional! I wish that things weren’t like that and the humanity was better, and more conscious! Dying once vs dying a million times! Heartbreaking.
    I do have a hope for a better future, well put btw.

4. Era says:

You have given a totally different perspective to it, so true and so apt, still, there is a long way to go, hopefully, in future, we might be free from these crimes.
    Very beautiful poem, Shreya πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ’™

Thank you so much, Era! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’žπŸ’žβ£οΈβ£οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ I too hope these crimes reduce and become non-existent.

πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈπŸ’žβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ
      Smile and hugs for you… The heartbreaks and tears for the situation of the world! β£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈπŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈ

5. The Bold Girl says:

True that! Nobody has the right to destroy another human. We can’t rule over someone’s right over their own bodies. I agree, many just a over-excited an end-up getting pregnant. Some get raped, some have heath issues – both the mother or the foetus, some don’t think they’re ready for a child or financially stable. No matter, what the reasons are, they have the right to decide. We have no fucking right on this decision. We stop them and more henious crimes are then committed. Might as well not give hope to a soul who wanted nothing but love.

I know, killing in the womb or after is still a murder but, at least we’re not making their lives more hell.

Truee… πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”

6. Shweta Suresh says:

Ohh I can’t exactly say that I agree with you. This is heartbreaking. It’s true. If they are born into an unwanted family, they will have to suffer untold miseries. But if it were legalized, the sex ratio will become even more screwed up. That will only increase the atrocities against women. This hits really hard though. It’s sad that girls go through so much. It’s heartbreaking that people can be so primitive. I hope that things change for the better soon enough.

I think if the sex ratios are messed up, it would be a good thing. It will mess up majorly in parts of the societies where women are seen as a burden. Then, when there’s less to no women there they will realise how important women are. Idk… Just my point of view. I too hope things get better. All we want is a safe and happy world.

1. Shweta Suresh says:

Yes, that could be a possibility. I have read a lot of studies that have proven that a shortage of women will lead to a sharp rise in violence against them. So all that I can see would be a future where women are so outnumbered that men would fight for them and go to extreme lengths to find partners. If that’s the case, women might not even be able to walk about as freely as we would please. They will realize the importance of women albeit a bit too late. Things might be out of hand by then. This is just my point of view. A balance is required. Once that balance is gone, there is going to be utter chaos. And that’s not something that we would want.

7. macalder02 says:

Your verses reflect the harsh reality that has plagued your people for decades and which consequently brings about the death of girls who exceed 10 million. If nobody wants to have daughters, neither the rich nor the poor, why not legalize it?
    You are absolutely right to cry for justice and that is clearly reflected in your poem.
    You have left me reflective and I feel your pain and helplessness for not doing more. You only have to keep denouncing until justice is done. I am with you and I am overwhelmed to know about this topic.
    I can only send you a big hug with all my love and that something can mitigate your pain.
    Manuel

Haha… Thank you so much, Manuel! Have a beautiful day. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β£οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈπŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’žβ€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ

8. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑡 πŸŒ‹ says:

Also, what are the boys supposed to do when they grow up if there’s a lack of women? πŸ€” Become gay?

9. Tushara Olivia says:

I was just waiting for this post. This issue being very relevant today must be in notice of everyone through maximum write-ups in the form of prose, poetry, articles, analysis etc. You know I too posted a page on same theme. But the way you presented it in the form of precise pretty poem is awesome. I tried to put that concept in poetic form and I failed. You done that with extraordinary brilliance. Well done Shreya. Let this post reach maximum people and make them to think on this subject. 🀩❀️πŸ₯°πŸ‘πŸ’πŸ’

Thank you so much, Tushara. I guess many people already know it, they just don’t want to talk about it. The topic is surely depressing and it’s painful. It’s so sad that it happens. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’žπŸ’žβ™₯️β™₯οΈβ£οΈβ£οΈπŸ’–

10. cyncoed says:

Thank you for your poem. An interesting, if drastic, solution to something, living in Wales, I wasn’t really aware still existed and it reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend who used to work in a children’s home nearby. He saw children of both sexes who had had awful childhoods ruined and abused by parents who were clearly not interested or capable of looking after their offspring. As a result of what he saw, he advocated that all men should be sterilised at birth and the operation only reversed when they proved that they could be responsible parents. Unfortunately we never agreed on exactly how he would be able to judge that! I feel that the only practical solution to either problem, as with many, is education, because ultimately it will take a seismic cultural change in some societies to make people realise that the only sustainable society is one where men and women are understood to be different but appreciated to be of equal value. For me the most obvious sign of a misogynistic society is one where there are unequal opportunities in education for the sexes.

So true, Paul. I happen to agree with your friend, sterilisation at birth seems like a nice solution. But most men with such mentality are born in homes, not hospitals. Plus it could cause a huge unrest if such rule is brought. World is a complicated place…

We can have different opinions. This is such an important topic and it should be dealt with care, taking in consideration every possible factor. I really wish for a more loving world where none of this would be required. πŸ€—πŸ€—β™₯️