Perceptions…

Every breath I take,
Every bone I break,
I’ve a story to tell.

A story of passion,
A story of compassion,
Deep, dark confessions.

I could scare away the devil,
Or I could be the sweetest angel,
 I’m the best of both worlds.

I’m the fiery hot fire,
I’m the stark cold ice,
I’m the opposite poles.

But don’t you dare try and define me,
I’m much more than can perceive ,
I’m a universe of my own!

Featured image by: melancholiaphotography from Pixabay

122 thoughts on “Perceptions…

Your words mean a lot to me. Thank you so much, Manuel. So glad you liked it! Sending you loads and loads of love. 🤗🤗😘😘💕💕💞💞❣️❣️❤️❤️💖💖❤️❤️❤️

1. Kaylen says:

These lines caught my eye…. I could scare away the devil,
    Or I could be the sweetest angel,….. I think you can scare the devil away by being sweet. So in my eyes Or is not needed. Once again a great poem. Love ya💗💗😘

Thanks a million, Anurika! 🤗🤗😘😘❣️❤️❤️💞💞💖💖 It’s so great to have you back on WordPress. I seriously missed you! 🤗🤗😘😘❣️❣️❤️❤️❤️❤️

What a powerful statement about recognizing our own worth! A beautiful poem. I love the use of tercets and the simplicity of your words. The sentiment is clear and thought provoking. You are becoming such an excellent poet, little one! So proud of you! Much love, my friend! ❤😘🌹😘❤

Thank you so much, Brad!!! 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈 You play such an important part in my writing journey. Every poem you post, your Whittled Words series, Tuesday Tidbits and all your kind encouraging words has snapped me to be the poet I am today. Thank you so much, Brad. Sending you loads and loads and loads of love! ❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘

That is kind of you to say. I like to think that I may have helped open the door, but you have always had this gift. You are simply now more able to find the ways you want to express yourself. And when you do, the beauty you create comes from only you! Love you, little one! ❤

🙈🙈🙈🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much, Brad! 💕💕💞💞💞💖💖💖💖😘💖😘💖😘💖💖💖💖💖

3. Ashee Asiwal says:

Beautiful poem(as always)… This is the best poem that showed we all are different and have different perception and lots of stories inside them… I especially loved the last stanza But don’t you dare try and define me,
    I’m much more than can perceive ,
    I’m a universe of my own!

Thank you so so so much, Ashee! I’m so glad you liked it and could relate to it. Sending you loads and loads of love! 🤗🤗😘😘💞💞💕💕❤️❤️❣️❣️💖💖

4. Charles says:

Hey, did you change your eiditor, that is to say, from Classic to this Block editor? Jeez this thing sucks, I didn’t mean to okay it and now I’m trying to get the old one back.

1. Charles says:

I remember when they did it a couple of years ago. I liked it at first, then I realized it had some limitations so I switched back. I haven’t had another prompt until this morning saying this is the “new” editor and there was no way to opt out of it, well not yet anyway. It’s a little confusing to me. 😦 I’m legally blind, I don’t like change. 😦

5. chafi_lacson says:

There are posits that need a minding
    There are other questions that needed answering
    There are hearts that wanted a wanting
    But there are people that longed a reminiscing.
    I don’t care if this is your life
    I don’t belong to this preposition
    I don’t need anyone to tell me
    But there won’t be another contention
    (just my few words to make your time worthwhile)

6. yash says:

Hi shreya. I am just here to have your attention to my latest post “an ode to you” posted few times back.
    Since many of my fellow bloggers were confused about the context and to whom it was dedicated and some lines in the post were controversial😅😅. So i just want to make sure ki koi misunderstanding na rahe😅. You can see all the khichdi jo bann gayi in the comment’s section.
    But it was a funny experience for me though😅😅🤣.

Thank you so so so much, dear!! You keep surprising me like this!!! You really made my day. 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️💘💘💘💘💘♥️♥️♥️♥️