Uncle’s Little Princess…

Come sit with me, my princess,
I have brought you some chocolates.
Then we can go to my study,
When I’ll tell you amazing stories.

Don’t shy away little girl,
This is your favorite uncle,
The one who brings you chocolates,
And tells you stories of fairies.

Oh, such an endearing uncle!
Applauded the entire world.
While the little girl shivered,
The poor girl was in fear.

Greet your uncle, don’t be a brat,
That’s how she was again in a trap.
The little girl couldn’t express,
How the uncle abuses.

DON’T TURN A BLIND EYE TO YOUR KID’S FEAR.

Featured image by: Hans Kretzmann from Pixabay

132 thoughts on “Uncle’s Little Princess…

I used to be, temporarily… Then I hopped into advertisement… I quit that and now I’m jobless… 🤪😂😂 Thinking about doing my masters before getting back to work. 😂

1. parneetsachdev says:

You are so right and have highlighted a very prevalent abuse in our society. You’re right parents must encourage children to speak and always be aware that such stuff can happen. Thank you for writing it from within the heart of a child.

Thank you so much, Praneet! World is a cruel place and parents don’t want the kids to know that. But how will the kid express when the kid doesn’t know anything. 💔💔💔💔🥺🥺🥺🥺

People don’t want to accept such things happen… It’s difficult for them to imagine their kids being abused or people they trust being a pedophile… And it makes it so horrible… Children are scared and bear the burnt throughout their lives… They don’t know how to speak up… 😭😭😭😭

2. Anushk@ says:

This is severely emotional Shreya💙
    The concept and the message behind this poem is clearly visible.
    The crux of this poetry, to make people understand and don’t behave like a deaf…!!
    This is amazing..!!✨✨

Awww… 🥰🥰🥰🥰 Can I fly over to wherever you live and give you a hug??? 🤗🤗🤗 Why don’t I have wings? 😭😭😭😭😭

More virtual hugs to you with loads and loads of love 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘😘😘❤️❤️❤️… Also, don’t forget, tomorrow 3 pm 😍😍😍😍

Your words read like an anthem for all those who face abuse at the hands of a trusted friend or family member. I salute your courage to speak out and defend the defenseless. The failure comes when adults choose to think that someone they know can’t be a pedophile. Even after all the historical record of our own lives and choices that show we are not that great at determining someone else’s character. Well penned and needed!

4. Sidharth says:

Wow this is phenomenal and powerful beyond the description of words. It’s sad how such grave instances are sometimes brushed under the carpet labelled as childish fears. Kudos to you for addressing this so brilliantly!

Thank you so much, Sidharth. This means a lot coming from you. Especially at this moment, cause I’m still shaken by your words. Damn! Your poem shook me to the core. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

5. Chetna Mittal says:

Such an endearing uncle,said the entire world,
    While the little girl shriveled,she was in fear.
    So well expressed!🌟💕💕
    We see what is shown to us,or what the world wants us to see.
    We don’t bother if there is an other side too.The side which wants to come out but is unable to.The side which is hidden but never ceases to exist.
    Great work!✨🔥

So true… And while kids tend to be shy around people and it is important to introduce them to people… One should also be very attentive to their behavior if it’s out of the normal… Poor kids 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

1. Nima Mohan says:

If I am to ask, I do not force my son to talk to anyone or hug anyone if he doesnt like it. Everyone tends to pamper young ones, but maybe just like adults, they too might be having some kind of intuitions about people. So I value his opinion in this matter. This might seem a lack of respect at least for some, but for a mother, her child is the most precious !!.

6. Madhuri Sakhamuri says:

These are the topics we often ignore but much needed to be discussed…We should give people the space to talk about what they are going through,which is only done through discussion…Glad you brought this up…Love love:)

7. Navin says:

My heart bleeds to this poem….how you’re bringing up such issues, where an innocent child gets abused. Thx for sharing such a beautiful piece, dear Shreya ❤️💙💜🖤