After the retreat

Covid-19 has taken a lot from many,
Killed people, destroyed families,
But here’s to them who needed this,
To them, this was a blissful retreat.

I know life has been harsh on you,
The hustle and bustle wearing you,
Stuck on a job that you hate,
For you, lock down was a gift.

Maybe you picked your guitar,
Or made some beautiful art,
You reconnected with yourself,
You fear losing yourself again.

It doesn’t have to be this way,
Take out a few minutes a day,
Stay connected to the thing you love,
To the beauty of life, please hold on.

To those who resorted to blogs,
Thank you for your amazing words.
With a heart full of love,
I will be waiting for your posts.

Dedicated to all of you who dread going back to work.

Featured image by: Dana Tentis from Pexels

76 thoughts on “After the retreat

Sending you loads of virtual hugs. 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 Your comments always make me smile. 😍😍😍😍😍🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 Thank you so much! 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘💞💞❣️❤️❤️❣️❣️

1. Ladysag77 says:

My pleasure! I have discovered new purpose for my life. I have loved the many creative projects I find myself in plus I published my 2nd book of poetry. This has been a time of rebirth and renewal for me😉

1. Shounak (the Paranoid) Sanyal says:

That’s quite a thing isn’t it? I mean what’s devastating for one could proove life changing for the other. Not trying to be an old wisdom guy but I guess this thing in itself is a very big lesson to learn. And maybe from next time ,we could also, before making any decision or such , also think about the impact it might bring on others, rather than just selfishly thinking if our own interests. And yeah, some dread for the lockdown to end, me being one of them 😅, but yet again, I could still carry out blogging in between my studies. ( I hope I can 🙄).
    So, yeah nice topic, nicely written, just had a nice time reading this poem and realising the thoughts it carried. Cheers 🤟

Thank you so much Shounak. I’ll be waiting for you to post even after the lockdown. Maybe you won’t be able to post frequently, but please do whenever you can. I’ll be waiting. Much love! ❤️❤️❤️ Cheers! 🤟

2. komal Ater says:

Amazing poem 😘…. And very true….. We again will get busy in this mad world of race….. Forgetting about the small things that give us happiness and satisfaction….. Thank you for reminding that we shouldn’t be losing us even after all this ends…

Thank you so much Komal. After all this end, I hope you still keep writing. Sending you loads of love and support. Have a beautiful day! 🤗🤗💞❣️❤️

1. komal Ater says:

Yes ms. Wildheart…. But writing is not my main reason to start this blog but sketching is…. You can check out my other blogs that have all my creations(sketches) till now….

I’ll definitely check them out. I’d just read your post about periods being a taboo, so I thought you were into writing 😬😬🙈 Sending you loads of love! 🤗🤗❤️❣️

1. Carol anne says:

He’s doing really well. As cute as ever. Working from home is challenging but I’m doing it. I rather go to the office and socialise with others but it is what it is I don’t really have a choice 💞

3. Ashee Asiwal says:

Beautifully penned…… We had such a long break to start something new or to learn which we were longing to do….but there were also some people going out for essential service… Where we are enjoying… Finding ourselves they were endangering their lives for work…. Like my father and sister and many other……….

True… It’s really amazing how people are on duty in this situation to keep us all safe… While we enjoy our ‘family time’ and ‘me time’… We should take some moments to thank them and pray for them. ❣️❣️❤️❤️❤️

Cheers to your 51 days of consistent blogging!! 👏👏👏👏 I really hope you keep posting even after the lockdown. I’ll be waiting for your posts. ❤️❤️❤️😘😘😍😘💞💞

Thank you so much, Prashant. I’d really appreciate if you stop liking every other heart emoji and thank yous. 🙈🙈🙈🤗😘😘 I’m so sorry if I offended you. Feel free to talk it out. Much love. ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you so much, Praneet! I really gotta read so many blogs, including yours. Haven’t been reading much for the past few days… Work caught up… 😭😭😭 Miss being free. 😂😂