The Never-sleep Guy

You say Good Night at 10 pm,
And like my posts at 2 am.
You say you’re taking a nap,
Multiple times during the day.
And I think you lie,
You’re a never-sleep guy.

All night long, you stay awake,
Maybe counting the stars,
Or talking to the moon.
About all the things
Life has taken from you,
How totally destroyed are you!

And during the day,
When you say you nap,
It’s just your smooth excuse,
To cut the conversation short.
Faking the ‘oh-so-okay guy’
Is such a horrendous toil.

Is my assumption true?
How broken are you?
Or am I just imagining,
A reflection of me?
Assuming every single person,
To be as dismantled as me.

Inspiration: Bharath Upendra

Featured image by: Suvajit Roy from Pixabay

112 thoughts on “The Never-sleep Guy

Thank you so so much dear!!! I’m so glad I could evoke such strong emotions. Anyways, how are you now? 💕🤗❣️❣️❤️ Have you overcome the rush of sadnesses? 😘😘😘

Thank you so much dear!! So glad you loved it. As it speak it you, I just wanted to know, are you alright?? I really hope you’re doing well. Feel free to reach out. 💕❤️❣️😘

1. blindzanygirl says:

I am fine thankyou. But you never really know when they are truly asleep and when they are not asbthey fake it. Often, they claim to be broken but are not really. But they break you with their games. For me, that is what the poem said ❤️

Haha… We can agree to disagree about what you do all day and all night long. You can keep your mask, I’ll keep the fact. 😝😂😂 And can you send me a hopeless picture of you? I’ll replace this. 😬😂

Haha… Thank you so much Anushka!!! Even the hair matches Bharath ditto… 🤪😂😂 And yeah, the hapless sad emotion too… 😬😬🤗💕 I just hope he gets out of this sad sad vibes. 😝😝😝

1. yash says:

Yes, I am. Thank you🙂. And I hope you are well too. Back on WP and I see your lots and lots of posts. Looks like I have so much to cover that I have missed😉.
        But this poem is a jewel. I am going to save it.

A beautiful poem, Shreya! I was intrigued by the perspective of wondering how much we see in another person may simply be a reflection of self as we seek to be seen and understood in the world that surrounds us. A lovely concept and a well written composition! ❤🌹❤😘

2. cyncoed says:

Really like this, but don’t give him too hard a time, you need to be aware that men do like to doze off a lot, I think it dates back to their caveman days….you shouldn’t really stand outside the cave with a stopwatch…..

I should be the one thanking you, for investing your time on reading this and for your sweet words of appreciate. Thank you so much, Brandon. This means a lot to me. 🙈🙈🤗🤗🥰💞❣️❤️

3. Tisha says:

This was a poem which can be an apt description of so many people!!! Really well written!! And your inspiration… 😂😂😂😂 Honestly, when I read the second and third line, the first person that came to my mind was Bharath… 😂 You are right in point!!!