The Homophobics

Homophobia is a terrible thing,
A curse of humanity.
If God created us equal,
Who are we to judge?

Yet, under the tag of religion,
People continue the discrimination,
Calling humans an abomination,
But, they too are Gods creation.

Sometimes, moves so violent,
Leave the whole world shaken.
Forcing people to hide their identity,
Live a life full of misery.

But simply cursing homophobics,
Isn’t going to make things okay.
It’s a deep embedded emotions,
That must be carefully eradicated.

Those people that we all curse,
Have been raise in ways that’s worse.
Where tolerance isn’t taught,
You see, they’re victims too.

So, spread the vibrant light of education,
Help them change their misconception.
Cause well, world can only be fine,
When it’s filled with magic of love.

Featured image by: Marta Branco from Pexels

76 thoughts on “The Homophobics

1. Shounak (the Paranoid) Sanyal says:

The last stanza was just amazing. Yeah hate, power, fear might help you rule the world, but to win every one’s heart, and to make life a magical thing, all it takes is a little bit acceptance and love. And I don’t think homosexuality doesn’t deserve tolerance, because tolerance is grudgingly accepting something out of pressure. What it deserves is acceptance and that again comes with a bit of love.
    It’s good to see you write over such diverse topics. You should surely consider writing as a career seriously. 👍🤟

Haha Shounak… Thank you so much!! I had a career in writing. I worked for magazines, then went on to write ads… Now I’m on a break, most probably I’ll continue my education. You see according to my parents ‘You must do masters. And you must do it soon’. 😂😬🙈🤗🤗❤️❣️😘😘

1. Harsh says:

Sorry to interrupt, but I don’t there’s a right way. Everyone would have a different definition of right way depending upon their religion and culture. And it becomes more difficult when you have to change a person’s views when it comes to their culture.

1. Kaylen says:

I agree but disagree at the same time..my parents are that way but I am not. I have tried so many times to try to explain but they won’t listen. I feel it is a choice of openmindness.

2. mitty says:

Hey great post❤️ something the people won’t think of speaking aloud. You perfectly penned this. I enjoyed your blog always, used to have some tint of positive vibes. This blog brought more respect on you dear❤️❤️❤️
    Stay happy😊good night

Thank you so much mitty. I’m so glad you’re enjoying my blogs. Your comments literally made me so so so very happy. Thank you!!! 🤗🤗🤗😘😘😘💕💕 Much love, happiness and positive vibes to you! ❣️❣️ Stay safe and take care. ❤️❤️❤️

3. yash says:

The second paragraph reminds me of a conversation between the Dracula and the Richter I read once. It goes somewhat like this…

Richter: Die monster. You don’t belong in this world!
    Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans, who wish to pay me tribute.
    Richter: Tribute? You steal men’s souls, and make them your slaves.
    Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

The only religion I follow is Hunger😅.

Thank you so much!! By the way, nice pen name. I wish my passport was overused. 😝😝😝 Gonna go and check your blog right away!! ❤️❤️❣️❣️💞💞💞 Loads of love. Thank you for dropping by. ❤️❤️❤️

4. True Living says:

I have seen people like you and I totally understand you. The truth is there are always going to be people, who would discriminate you. I think the first step is to accepting who you are. Love the person you are and the person you’ve become. Have enough love for yourself so even when haters come hating it won’t bother you much. I love your openness.

5. Adidas says:

This poem literally melted my heart! Sometimes fighting against homophobia can be so tough when being queer is ridiculed as a joke. I mean, some people may not get the LGBT, queer thing and that’s fine but discriminating anybody on the basis of whom they love is so not fine.
    Anyway, it was a nice read. Keep writing!!!

Love is too precious a gift to deny it to anyone for any reason, The only way someone can have any problem with someone being loved by another, is when they lack real love in their own lives. You have spoken the truth clearly, loudly, and perfectly. Well done, Shreya! ❤🌹❤

7. Silver Stone says:

Why homophobia? I don’t get why people love to take part in this horrendous activity. Well, this shows that humanity will not change for the better at all.

This poem speaks the truth, and I love it. Great job!👍🏻