My Favorite Fragrances

Perfectly bottled in little glass jars,
Lies the world’s most expensive fragrances.
Tagged Channel, Dior and Versace,
Perfect for your posh parties.
Oh, how delightful they are!
Oh, how fancy they smell!
People spends millions on them.
But do you know my favorite fragrances?
The ones that roam free, unbottled.

The earthy smell of the soil,
When the first drop of rain hits it.
It transports me to a different land,
Out of concrete jungle, amidst the greens.
Unshackles my soul, lets it free,
As it lovingly awakens, my dying Boho vibes.
Oh, how I love the smell of soil,
When it’s kissed by the first drop of rain.

The dusty smell of old books,
In a corner of ancient libraries.
Oh, damn just the thought of it,
Thrills by soul, arouses my mind.
Letters inscribed in each page,
Holds a different story.
Not only the one that is written,
But of generations who have read them.
Oh, how I love the smell of books,
Especially, the old and dusty ones.

And finally, there’s the smell of home,
Each home has a different one.
The indescribable feeling of love,
The smell that says, “You’re safe.”
The one that reminds you of childhood,
The eternal love of parenthood.
Oh, just the thought of it makes me cry,
Takes me to a nostalgic train.

Sometimes I wish there was a way,
To bottle all these fragrances.
Then, I’d never part with them,
Forever be immersed in them.
But then I question myself,
If that was a possibility…
Would they still be so precious?
Would they still be treasured?

Cause, Jay Bleu thought I should give it a shot. Fragrances aren’t my forte, visit The Fragrance Writer for awesome fragrance poetry.

For Thursday Poetry Competition.

Featured image by: Valeria Boltneva from Pexels

103 thoughts on “My Favorite Fragrances

1. The Bold Girl says:

I am so glad that you picked this topic up.😊 This was initially the one I thought I should write on. The earthy smell, when it rains for the 1st time, was something I thought to pick.😊 But then I just let it and moved on to writing something else.

“The earthy smell of the soil,
    When the first drop of rain hits it.”

Nice!👌

I loved the end of the poetry!❤️

All the best, girlie.🤗

Thank you so much dear! I’m glad you didn’t catch this topic… 🤪🤪🤪 I really loved yours, it’s so damn romantic. I loved it so so so so so much. You blew me!!❤️❤️❤️💕💕💕❣️❣️❣️😘😘😘

1. The Bold Girl says:

Hahahaha… Probably that is why my mind gave-up on this one since you were about to pick this.😅

I wasn’t aware you liked mine. I couldn’t see or read anything that could notify me that it blew you up!😜

Anyways thanks!😁🤗

2. The Bold Girl says:

🤗

You know, what the best part is? All 3 of us pushing each other to write.😊😊 Isn’t that just lovely?

Jay Bleu, you and I.😁 We want all of them to participate. I loved the spirit!❤️❤️❤️

1. grumpygorman says:

For this time of year, I’m wearing a scent called Timbuktu, from L’Artisan Parfumeur. It’s African inspired and is a green and bitter blend strong on vetiver, smoke and incense.. an acquired taste. 🙂 L’Eau D’Issey Pour Homme is nice in spring too. 😉 Thanks for asking.

Damn! I don’t understand a thing. But you might want to check out The Fragrance Writer. He’ll a big fragrance fanatic. 😝🙈🙈❤️❤️ Much love. 💕💕💕

3. grumpygorman says:

Hehe, I realize I probably came off pretentious because of that Timbuktu, but I wear a lot of mainstream, popular stuff too. 🙂 Anyway, it’s fun to explore the senses.. glad you enjoy what you do!

2. Lia says:

You’re such a lovely and sweet person, Wildheart. 😊🙏💕 Though I mostly love natural scents too, I can’t deny occasionally indulging in a high-end spritz or two. 😉😁

3. an observer says:

Wow… I can’t even dream of wording these feelings.. The rains.. Smell of house… Beautiful post.
    Also.. I love the tagline of your blog… Life is really uncertain.. It can be experienced as one grows…
    💚from rupal_ India

1. ariyachan11 says:

Fragrance of happiness and sharing it for people around me… It’s so good to heard.. thanks for your beautiful poem 😘😘

4. Nima Mohan says:

The smell of home speaks the best … This poem has touched me in several ways Shreya… Who does not like the smell of soil when the first drop falls on them.. and the books that will teleport you…lovely lovely lovely poem Shreya !!! Such beautiful lines ❤

5. gldn2th says:

Your second stanza especially resonates with me, there is no more beautiful aroma than the collective smells of the backcountry wilderness, but not all natural aromas are beautiful.
    I used to go with some friends once or twice a year for a ten day to two week adventure backpacking and exploring the remote backcountry. At the end of our trips, when we got close enough to the parking lot where we began encountering day hikers, we could easily identify them because we could smell their shampoo at 35 yards. They could smell our…, well two weeks with heavy packs and no showers, you can guess. The day hikers would go past us practicing extreme social distancing, before social distancing was a thing.
    Thank you again for another wonderful piece, you are ever appreciated.