Isolation

Faking smiles, forcing laughter,
This crowded world is such a torture,
All the stupid, “Hi!”s and “Hello!”s,
The unmeant, “How are you?”s,
Nobody ever really cares,
Isolation, everybody fears.
So, the cold hugs and dead handshakes
World is so full of fakes.

In places that are the crowdiest,
Are where I feel the loneliest.
It’s so tiring and heart wrenching,
So, strenuous is all the faking.
I just want to run far, far away,
Be completely alone for a day.
All alone, I feel the most alive,
In isolation I want to dive.

Enjoy deep and honest conversations,
With people from my imaginations,
Let my mind soar, far and beyond,
Leave this world’s sly threshold,
Get rid of all the fake socialization,
As I immerse in a beautiful isolation,
Just me, my soul and my thoughts,
Far away from this toxic world.

For, Thursday Poetry Competition! Deadline is Tuesday, so you better hurry up if you want to participate!

Featured image source: Thursday Poetry Competition!

146 thoughts on “Isolation

Thank you so much Rashmi. And this truly is a meant thank you. And I really mean it when I say that you’ve been a very important pillar of support in my blogging journey! ❣️❣️❣️💕💕😘😘

1. firewordsblog says:

Your poem is all about the present situation. So true. We need to find solitude in the midst of enforced isolation with people and neighbours we love and live near, but we just need to have some room to let off steam and be ourselves.

2. Anushk@ says:

This is uniquely wonderful Shreya 😍…I really loved the theme, and these lines…
    All the stupid, “Hi!”s and “Hello!”s,
    The unmeant, “How are you?”s,
    Nobody ever really cares,
    I can feel this.
    It’s beautiful 💕😊

3. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑵 🌋 says:

Haha, please don’t do forced laughter! 😅. It’s soo grating to me, actually appears psychopathic sometimes. Like when somebody is doing forced laughter in a loud, conversation-dominating way, I can all-too-easily picture them laughing like that whilst wielding a knife!! It makes that person seem very dishonest and un-trustworthy.

Equally frustrating is when people actually believe forced laughter! 😆

Of course, a lot of people actually do forced laughter, and that’s the way I feel about all of them lol 🙄.

Haha… Thank you so much Robin. I don’t do forced laughter a lot. What I do is nod every few seconds as I lose myself to a different world in my mind. 🤪🤪🙈🙈

4. The Bold Girl says:

Lovely, darling. I can totally relate to this. Solitude is all that I love.❤️ People find it weird that I chose to keep it real and stay in my own lane. But loving your own company is the best feeling ever!

Thank you so much dear. 💕💕 I’m just a girl who likes to write and wants to have a career in writing. Are you flattering me or you’re just super duper nice? Cause this comment is making me extremely very happy. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Thank you so much dear! 💕💕💕💕

Heyy… Thank you so much dear. And I’m so sorry. I definitely have to check the spam folder. Thank you so so so much dear! ❤️❤️❤️❣️❣️❣️🥰🥰🥰 Much love. 💕💕

1. thebibliophilewriter says:

No issues dear it has been happening with me lately the askimet hates me😢😢😢😢
        Would be waiting for ur answers if do it!!
        Btw will u pleaseeeee tell me how to link back to someone’s post!😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

You select the text you want to link… Then you’ll see a small box where you will get options like bold, italic, etc… You’ll find the hyperlink sign there. Click on that then insert the link.

3. thebibliophilewriter says:

Yeah I did this with mobile but in my recent post, did u receive it fro me??
        I thInk it didn’t work for maybe I am doing this wrong , will try again and let u know.
        Btw do u use mobile or laptop for ur blog posts!!

Thanks a million dear! The greatest win for me is always the person who’s reading it. Anyways, what greater prize can a writer ask than a reader’s heart? Loads of love to you. ❤️❤️❤️❤️💕❣️❣️❣️ Check out Haroon’s poem on the same topic, he won the contest. 🤗🤗😘😘😘

5. Isidra Brenner says:

You tried ways to lose weight but all failed ?

You might have tried so many ways to lose weight but all failed. However, what you are about to see now is totally life changing, easy to do and produces results within days. Do not miss out on this opportunity!!!
    See here: https://bit.ly/2QjcdQQ