Monthly Trauma

Like scene from a horror movie,
Flow so bloody,
Monthly visits,
That almost kills.

I loathe it from my very core,
Makes me so sore,
It is torture,
A pure horror.

But if it forgets to say, “Hi!”
It shall imply,
Greater problems,
Bigger troubles.

My attempt at a Minute Poem. To know more about this form, read Brad’s Whittled Words – Minute Poem. Check out his other posts too, he’s simply awesome!!

Featured image by: Photo by Polina Zimmerman from Pexels

101 thoughts on “Monthly Trauma

Shreya, you are always so kind to mention my series and I greatly appreciate your support and love. Although I obviously cannot personally relate to the subject, it does not preclude my ability to recognize the beauty and power of your verse. This is well written with just the right amount of dry wit! If I may be critical for just one moment, I would suggest that the seventh line be edited to remove the contraction “It’s”, to “It is”. That would increase the line to four syllables and meet the form to perfection. But, again, that is just a critical eye to the form and has no bearing on the great beauty in your verse. Much love, always! ❤💕❣

Thanks a lot Brad. I’ll definitely change it. Also, I wouldn’t have written this in this form if you hadn’t introduced it. So, I wouldn’t feel comfortable putting it without giving you due credit. Thank you so much Brad. Much love to you too!! 💖💖💖💕💕💕❤️❤️

That is so very thoughtful, little one! As it will help to expose other poets to the form, I will graciously accept your acknowledgement. I am happy to make the introductions and love watching your artistry grow and flourish! ❤❤❤❤

2. michellemercy20 says:

What pleases me about poetry is the fact that one can write about just anything…..you my dear have just described that time of the month when there is thus cloud of a whole paranoid mess….but hey it’s BIOLOGY.. ….well written 😁😃😄

1. bentrein says:

I don’t need to compliment you on your writing; you know I like your style, and others have done so often enough. But this one did made me chuckle in the end…

Thank you so much Anish!! I’m so glad I could introduce you to a new poetry form. Check out whittled words by Brad, he posts about new poetry style every week. 💖💖💕💕❣️