Don’t Fade My Friend, Just Go

“I’ll fade slow,” you promised,
And that sliced my heart in two.
It felt like you pulled a bow,
And the sharpest arrow pierced my core.

While lies are sour and truth bitter,
This honesty of yours has me shaken.
Don’t take me wrong dear friend,
I truly appreciate the upfront truth.

Dear friend, I don’t need your mercy,
Don’t fade slow, just go.
I don’t think I can ever bear,
Losing you in bits in pieces.

So, sever the ties and fly high,
I wish you all the joy.
And if you want to return,
My heart stays open.

Featured image by: Free-Photos from Pixabay

105 thoughts on “Don’t Fade My Friend, Just Go

1. Untold Stories says:

Good post Shreya.
    I thought you wanted her to go unless in the last line you said you’ll wait for her if she wants to return.
    You did Poetic Justice here..
    Sending love to a poetic genius🤗🤗♥️♥️

A masterful and beautiful poem, Shreya! There is such devotion and love wrapped in the pain of anticipated loss. The strong emotions you provoke are unavoidable. It is amazing to watch your talent grow and be appreciated by so many people. So proud of you!!! As always, with much love! ❤❣🥰😘💕

Thank you so much Brad. Every comment of yours is such a strong push in my creative journey. You’ve been such an amazing support. Loads and loads of love to you! 🤗🤗😘😘❣️❣️❤️❤️💖💕

3. gldn2th says:

Your word art is so exceptional and emotional, I have to limit my self to 2-3 posts a day, (if that is, I want to maintain control of my emotions throughout the day). Thank you yet again for another wonderful poem.

1. gldn2th says:

Heh heh, yes I know you are exactly correct. I love your clarity with truth, and I love the infusion of humor, it shows that, woven in among all your finer qualities, there is a grade A sense of humor.
        Your combination of poise, class and wisdom prove why you are such an excellent role model for younger generations, and for those others of us, you are a wonderful example to either learn from, or be reminded of certain things. Thank you for your specialness.

2. Shreya Joshi says:

Damn!! You always know how to make me feel like I’m flying in the air. Thank you so much! 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰 Sending you loads and loads of love. ♥️♥️♥️♥️😬😬♥️

3. gldn2th says:

Hmmm, yes, this is most uncanny and yet, wholly appropriate; “flying in the air” is the exact place I expect to find an angel.
        This explains your awesomeness; you and your gift are literally divine in nature.
        I don’t know why I didn’t see it before, but it makes so much sense. It is sooo clear to me now, and now that I have seen, I can’t unsee.
        I used to doubt the existence of angels, but how can I now, with you as the best proof.