The Stolen Smile

She wore the most beautiful smile,
The kind that warms your heart,
She’s a real treasure,
In a world of all things fake.

He went down on his knees,
Even long before,
She knew…
The sparks were brewing.

But things changed drastically,
Her smile was wiped off,
He had walked away,
To steal a different heart.

She felt worthless,
For one man didn’t love her,
She didn’t want to live,
A life without him.
Β

(Now, read down to up)

Featured image by : Madalin Calita from Pixabay

152 thoughts on “The Stolen Smile

The form here is unique to me, and that is something all in and of itself. It is a beautiful poem read either way. And that makes this a rare gem of poetry. This could not have been easy to write. And, believe me, I know what I am talking about. I love that you have branched out and created such a unique and intriguing form. You creativity is unbounded and it is a pleasure to watch your confidence and art grow. So very proud of you! ❀❣😘

Your comment brought tears to my eyes. The way you’ve encouraged me in this journey has been so important to me. It’s something that has pushed me to keep creating even when I’m lazy or not feeling like it. It’s your words that’s been motivating me to spill my words. Sending you loads of love. β€οΈβ£οΈπŸ’•πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

I don’t think I have ever felt quite the way your kind words have made me feel. To think, that the small things I add to this world could encourage another artist to grow, strive, express, and excel is hard to explain. Somehow it makes all the hours, drafts, and hard work feel like they have somehow been worthwhile. Thank you for that, little one! You know I support you in all your efforts and I adore your art! Tons of love sent in return! ❀❀❀

Thank you so much Rashmi!! I don’t know what more to say. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•β£οΈβ£οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ Are you on insta?

Ohhkay… Would you like to write a poem in collaboration? Cause you’ve been such an important part of my blogging journey and I just thought it’d would be amazing to do one with you. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Just because I don’t know how to express how much I adore your posts doesn’t mean I don’t. I really really love each of your works. I mean it. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ€—β£οΈ

Thank you so much Kamya. I’m really very happy that you liked it. I hope to keep writing stuff that you’ll like. Sending you loads and loads of love. Keep writing, and reading and stay safe. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•β£οΈ

πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ This means a lot coming from you. When it comes to writing about love, you’re the King!! πŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Hey Srijan, this very comment of your inspired me to write a poem. I hope you check it out. It’s titled ‘Deflecting appreciation’. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’–

Thank you so much Navin. Couldn’t have done it without your crazy good support. Sending you loads of love. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•β£οΈβ£οΈβ€οΈπŸ’–

You put a wide smile on my face with each of your comments. And I’ve got a poem waiting to be posted inspire by you. I’ll obviously mention it, so you’ll know. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

2. Anushk@ says:

Oh my God Shreya πŸ€—πŸ€©

You are such a sweetheart πŸ’™
        I’ll definitely wait for that….πŸ’•
        Much love to you dear..πŸ’•
        Keep smiling like always…

And this comment is making my heart pop out of my chest… πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ So glad you liked it. Sending you loads and loads of my love. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈβ€οΈβ£οΈ

It’s sweet comments like this that keeps pushing me. Thanks a million dear. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β£οΈβ£οΈπŸ’•πŸ’•β€οΈπŸ™ˆ

Thank you so much dear. Your appreciation means a lot to me. Keep reading, take care and stay safe! Loads of love to you. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’–β£οΈβ£οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ

Thank you so much for all your appreciation and kind words. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜β£οΈβ€οΈπŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–

Thanks a lot Nani. You’ve made my day so very gleeful! πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’–β£οΈβ£οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ

2. parikhit dutta says:

Sometimes a single person can bring about a drastic change in our lives, be the reason for all smiles or the reason for all sorrow. But if we dwell further the smile and sorrow are in fact lodged in our heads and the other person was just a stimulus. Not entirely the reason for the smile but a stimulus. I hope she finds reasons to smile again. πŸ™‚

It’s amazing how we’re completely happy without a person. Then we get so used to that person that when they leave, nothing is the same. But it’s important to remember that nothing has changed and people come and go. πŸ˜¬πŸ’•β£οΈ

1. parikhit dutta says:

True. They come and go, but we should, very strongly, remember that the happiness lies within us always. A difficult lesson.