The Tiny Room

My eyes are teary,
And my heart is heavy,
As I think of that tiny room,
The tiniest in the house.

I heard most stories there,
Stories of fairies, tigers and bears.
Holds my sweetest memories,
It’s the place I grew up in.

I remember climbing on my uncle’s back,
And pretending he was a bridge,
Him make me a plane,
Both of us gurgling with laughter.

It’s also where sibling rivalry brewed,
We fought like cats and dogs.
But that’s how our bond grew,
And now we are inseparable.

But now that room is locked,
And the house un-visited.
As all of us grew up out of it,
Carrying only the memories.

Oh , I forgot to describe the room,
It’s color, shape and smell.
But does it even matter?
It’s the emotions, I remember it by.

For NaPoWriMo Day 28.

Featured image by: Виктория Бородинова from Pixabay

80 thoughts on “The Tiny Room

Thank you so much Shweta!! So sorry for the late response. I have no idea how your sweet comment landed in spam. Sending you loads of love. 🤗🤗🤗😘😘💕💕❣️❣️❤️❤️💖💖💖

1. Shweta Suresh says:

That’s alright. I know how it ended up there. I just finished the A2Z challenge and I’ve been visiting a lot of blogs and leaving comments. WordPress might have considered me to be a spammer. 😅

Haha… You’ve been such a beautiful support. Feel free to spam cause each of your comment means so much to me. 🤗🤗🤗😘😘💖💖💖💖

1. H. R Phoenix, Author says:

Hi Wildheart! Your blog just got advertised by Penable! https://penableme.wordpress.com/2020/04/28/why-you-should-visit-wild-scared-crazy/

Any new posts on Penable will have your poster at the end. If we have any new followers or visitors, we will recommend your blog to them. This process will last for seven days.
        Thank you for choosing Penable to advertise your blog. We hope you enjoy our services and do let us know if you would like anything added.

Thank you. 💖💖💖,
        H.R Phoenix, creator of Penable.

Exceptional verse, Shreya! The genuine and open sharing of the fond memories is deliciously told. It is impossible for the reader not to be immediately transported to their own childhood and home. We laugh with you and your uncle, yell at your sibling, and listen the bedtime stories told in hushed voice. Then you close with such a powerful stanza showing the truth of that emotional connection. If you had described the room at all, other than being tiny, it would not have allowed the reader to so easily visualize their own memories. Absolutely superb! ❣❣❣

Thanks a million Brad… I’ve always been a person who don’t really remember the location, or pay much attention to the surrounding,… So for me the easiest way to remember a place is by going back to the emotions I felt, people I was with and such stuff. 🙈🙈🙈