Fruit from the Fantasy World

Everything is surreal,
Your beauty is ethereal.

Your bright pink cover,
With spikes yellow,
Lets my imagination soar,
Into a world so mellow.

And oh yes, your spiky layers,
Just like amber flames,
Reminds me of spikes,
That run down a dragon’s spine.

Oh you, such beautiful fruit,
You’re exotic, even rare.
Just like it would be,
If dragons were real.

And when I cut through you,
And slice you into two,
It’s like I opening a portal,
To a different world.

Thousands of black seeds,
On your plush white flesh,
Just like the night skies would be,
In monochrome reversed.

And when I sink my teeth into you,
It’s pure bliss, an ecstasy.
Why do people do drugs,
When they could do you instead?!

For NaPoWriMo Day 24.

Featured image by: Lovefood Art from Pexels

136 thoughts on “Fruit from the Fantasy World

1. Charles says:

I can’t help but spot these things. I went to college to be an editor, but don’t feel bad–I make typos all the time. I’ve also learned that things look different online than they so in, say, MS Word, so it’s easy to make mistakes uploading. I do that all the time too. 🙂 You’re a good writer. We learn from our mistakes. None of us are infallible.

2. Charles says:

I majored in literature & creative composition. As far as spotting errors, I learned a lot in our peer editing groups. But also, they always tell you to read your material aloud. People really rarely do this, but being visually handicapped, I have to use a text reader so I hear the mistakes, which is why they want you read the material aloud. I find it to be even better than using a spell checker.

3. Charles says:

I wouldn’t say you were lazy. We just don’t think about it. When you read aloud, your focus is different. I think that’s why it’s easier to catch mistakes. I don’t always do it myself. ❤

Thank you so much Rashmi. But we have to agree, that was a little too farfetched and exaggerated. 🙈🙈🤗🤗😘😘 Anyways, where’s the fun without exaggeration? 🤪🤗😘😘😘💕❤️

1. Navin says:

Colourful…fruitful…tasty writing…with deeper meaning….

“And when I sink my teeth into you,
It’s pure bliss, an ecstasy.
Why do people do drugs,
When they could do you instead?!”

2. copypowerblog says:

Even Dragon Fruit would never have thought about its beauty, outside and within. The entire praise for the fruit is amazing but I couldn’t move my eyes from the last two lines. Very well written, Shreya. Keep it up. What a perspective you’ve given us. Thank you so much for such wonderful writing. Happy blogging. K.

Thank you so much dear. Your words mean a lot to me. I’m really glad that you liked it and hope to keep creating content that interests you. Much love. Stay safe & take care. 🤗🤗😘❣️❤️

Thank you so much dear. This means a lot to me. Also, I read your book’s sample, which was just one poem. 😬 I’m planning on buying it. But I just quit my job, so postponing it until I get a new job. 🤪🙈🙈 I’m really looking forward to reading the entire book. Much love. ❤️😘😘😘

1. H. R Phoenix, Author says:

Your welcome 😊, I do wish I could give you a free copy, but Amazon only allows me to do that every 90 days 😬I do hope you get a new, brilliant job and I hope you become successful in whatever you do 💕 💕 💕
        Maybe you can publish an ebook of your poetry on Amazon? It’s free and i will definitely read it. Just a suggestion☺️

All the best and stay safe ❤️
        H.R Phoenix 💖 💖 💖

I loved this, Shreya! It is beautiful to watch you stretch and strengthen your writing. I could leave a million kind words, but it would appear your readers have taken care of that. Well done, my friend! ❤😘