It’s Silly, Don’t Read!

A guy named Brant,
He loved to rant,
Was scared of an ant.

Hard is making a clean start,
Easy is eating a tart,
This silliness is an art.

Since I was small,
I hated mall,
It’s not loved by all.

Told you, it’s not worth a read.
Next word is ‘ead’

If you’ve been following Wild Scared Crazy, you must know how much I adore Brad’s Whittled Words. This is a style of poetry called Diminishing Verse. I’ll make a better attempt soon. For now, check out Brad’s post for amazing poems in this style.

91 thoughts on “It’s Silly, Don’t Read!

Haha! I was contemplating between posting and not posting. I thought it was very silly. This style of poetry is really difficult to crack. Atleast, I couldn’t do it the way I wished I could. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Never pecked you for a rebel!! You read it?? πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ I’m glad you think it’s nice, cause I just found it to be stupid and silly. Much love. β€οΈπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜

I loved your poem! It is meant to be fun, silly, and playful. I love how you held the form in the last stanza. It was irreverently funny and super creative. Thank you for mentioning the series. I hope your readers will try their hand at the innumerable forms and styles of the art that is the written word. And thanks for allowing me to read along on your journey! Much love ❀😘

Thank you so much Brad. This one was indeed very tough. I couldn’t even find words. πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ I wrote each one of the paragraph separately hoping to form a story or something, nothing came of it. πŸ™ˆπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ So, I just went on with being silly. πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ Much love. β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜

2. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑡 πŸŒ‹ says:

Haha! It’s actually really good. The explanatory last verse showed me what it was all aboutβ€” I hadn’t even noticed the pattern before then. So you’ve taught me something. Then I could re-read it again and realise the limitations you had when writing it. It’s cute and silly, and therefore uplifting! πŸ˜„πŸ’™

1. Untold Stories says:

I am suffering from the same. I am not receiving any pingbacks.
        I have to come to your post to see this comment.
        And in my case it is even worst. I don’t know where the comment section is. It’s not available for my post.πŸ™„πŸ™„