Hitting the 180

Cold blanks approach us:
And it’s getting scary.
The silence, once used to be bliss,
Amidst our fiery passion,
Now it’s just stark cold,
Aftermath of our heated discussion

Oh dear, where did we go wrong?
When did we hit a 180?
Your beautiful brown eyes,
That held only love for me,
Now give me an icy stare,
Laced with pure rage, even hatred.

Your hands that touched me,
With the utmost tenderness,
Now land on me with such force,
That I lose consciousness.
When did you stop loving me?
Can we still be salvaged?

For NaPoRiMo Day Eight. We were required to use a line or even a word that stands out from tweet snippets.

Featured image by: cottonbro from Pexels

53 thoughts on “Hitting the 180

1. 𝑹𝒐𝑩𝑰𝑵 🌋 says:

I was wondering too, for a moment, since I read earlier about couples having difficulties being locked down together! I mean arguments etc, not necessarily abuse, although I know that has increased too.

Thank you so much dear. So sorry for not responding earlier. My notification system has some glitch, haven’t figured it out yet. Your appreciation means a lot to me. Thank you so much. Much love. ❤️

1. Untold Stories says:

Oh dear, where did we go wrong?
    When did we hit a 180?
    Your beautiful brown eyes,
    That held only love for me,
    Now give me an icy stare,
    Laced with pure rage, even hatred.

Your mind must be a terrific place, therefore your thoughts are intense……👍👍

Thank you so so so much Rashmi. And did you know, most of your favourites are my favourites too. Seems like we have such a similar mind. Love you loads! ❣️❣️💕💕💕💕 Thank you for being my constant motivation! ❣️

Your subtle articulation of the pain is powerful. Spoken more in recognition than in fear, it allows the reader to install their own experiences and see themselves in a different light. Well written, dear friend! 🤗🥰❤

1. SumitOfficial says:

Damn! Look who’s saying, believe me till now I only had one comrade blogger of mine, her name is Chandni Asnani.
        She is such a beautiful heart that she can rhyme anything and everything.

I’ve been in touch with her since 2016 and after so many years you’re the second person whose poems I appreciate the most after Chandni.

Believe me nothing could be better than this.